Driven by ideas.
Focused on results.
We are consultants for the human side of progress.
We are economists, political scientists, communication experts – and experienced project managers. We advise on digitalization, sustainability, and urbanization – and how these forces create opportunities and progress. Our approach: bring ideas and people together to make great things happen.
- Digitization is the disruptor of our time: It breaks down sectoral barriers and how value is created. It transforms how people interact and what they value; it impacts society and the political sphere. We help understand and harness the power of digitization for progress.
- Sustainable strategies provide opportunities for companies, organizations, and customers alike. Sustainability also drives public discourse, customer behavior and regulation. We support our clients to navigate this transition and to interact successfully with their stakeholders.
- Today’s cities and megapolises carry more political heft and economic clout than ever. What today’s cities globally do matters globally. We help understand the impact of urbanization and work with cities to become greener, smarter and more livable.
We believe in progress – the ideas, innovations, and initiatives which spur prosperity and social development. The success of these ideas relies on how various stakeholders, from consumers to lawmakers, understand and utilize such ideas. That is the human side of progress.
We find the hidden triggers of and inhibitors to human action – data is our raw material for effective ideas and strategies. We further translate strategy into execution, because we stand by our clients and love to create lasting results.
Ask the right questions.
We take a deep dive into data to identify the right levers. We analyze your industry, draw comparisons from analogue markets, and interview stakeholders.
- You tell us your plans and we will find out who will influence the success of those plans. We will produce an overview of the relevant stakeholders and players and point out what motivates and inhibits them.
Consumer focus report
- We help you to get a better understanding of your current and future customers. By conducting research and interviews, we identify the real drivers and barriers affecting consumer behavior.
- We conduct analysis on your behalf to find out which new companies are operating in your specific field of activity. This allows future competitors to be identified at an early stage and potential goals for cooperation partnerships or acquisitions to be ascertained.
We are driven by ideas.
We develop a powerful strategy for your project, based on facts, the hidden triggers or inhibiting factors affecting human behavior and engaging ideas.
Setting and monitoring goals
- We work with you to set clear goals and success criteria. In doing so, we pay special attention to making sure that the results are quantifiable and the right hierarchy is in place
Developing concepts and planning measures
The innovative concepts and measures we devise on your behalf:
- Focus on human behavior and decision-making
- Are based on unique insights
- Take into account different perspectives
- Challenge conventional wisdom
- We draw up the business plan for you. This details the amount of investment needed and the precise scheduling and performance planning and also serves as a basis for making decisions as the project progresses, allowing you to stay in control.
Progress starts with yourself – and a little help.
We find the right approach and prepare managers, employees, and partners for change so that your strategy can be successfully implemented.
Skill development and change management
- We help your managers and employees to adopt new ways of thinking and accept change. Knowledge gaps are identified and we show you how to close them.
Process-related and organizational development
- At the same time, we help you to change processes and organizational structures so that you can achieve your goals. Critical processes and structures are identified, analyzed, and broken down. You will then be given specific recommendations on what action to take.
Network building and development
- We plan networking events to promote dialogue within your ecosystem and unlock new cooperation opportunities.
We are focused on results, so we’d love to support you all the way to the end to guide your project to success.
- We bring stakeholders from various areas together to promote dialogue and better understanding. We look for the most suitable communication format for your needs and set it up.
- We work with you to develop communication strategies and turn complex issues into effective messages – in words and pictures and in owned, earned, and paid media.
Single project management and project office
- We can manage your single project or act as a project office with responsibility for overseeing all service providers.
evenson advises and supports clients in the following industries
mobility, transport and logistics
energy & renewables
public sector & social impact
culture & media
education & training
Clients & Projects
How ideas become results.
How to make more people ride bikes
Comparative short study
Growing by growing the market
Heinrich Böll Foundation
Enabling progress through dialogue
New Economy Business School
Creating change for the digital age
New Mobility World
Turning disruption into opportunity
Advising on creating the Future Mobility Summit
Dirk O Evenson advises clients in communication research, strategy development and corporate identity and campaigning. He also mentors startups and advises in the field of business development.
He was partner and managing director international of the leading German communications agency Scholz & Friends, managing director in Abu Dhabi of the leading German branding agency MetaDesign and founded the New Economy Business School, an executive education program. He was interim marketing director at a low-cost airline.
He founded and directed the department of communication at the German Association of the Automotive industry VDA and continues to serve as Director of the New Mobility World, the event about automated driving, connected vehicles, electric mobility, urban mobility and mobility services at the International Motor Show IAA in Frankfurt and Hanover.
He studied political science at the Otto Suhr Institute of the Freie Universität Berlin.
Verena Hutchinson manages projects in the field of sales and marketing, working with clients in the mobility and travel sector and a focus on digital transformation. For the New Mobility World, she works in project management and sales.
Verena Hutchinson worked in the hospitality and travel sector in the US and Greece before moving to Germany and pursuing her career in city marketing. She also has a background in fair media sales and has extensive experience in client management.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts in German philology and American Studies of the Ruhr University Bochum.
Elke Reinking advises clients in human resource management strategy, process optimisation, recruitment and human resource development. She also coaches executives in leadership and department organisation.
Elke Reinking was founder and managing director of Webwerk, a digital agency and has founded and led the media consultancy at the communication agency Scholz & Friends Berlin. She also served as HR director both at Scholz & Friends Berlin as well as argonauten G2 group, a digital communication agency.
Since 2010 she advises companies in the field of human resources and process optimisation and implementation, including agencies, an insurance group, universities and companies and associations for renewable energy.
She holds both a diploma in business administration and a degree in human resource management.
Sebastian Sieck analyses trends in the fields of future mobility, tech companies, science, governments, city planning, media, public transport and infrastructure. For the New Mobility World, he supports the project management and sales team.
Sebastian Sieck worked for AUDI AG in Ingolstadt and Beijing on brand strategy, and on trends and development in Chinese society. In collaboration with a Danish entrepreneur he co-founded the furniture concept Walter Grey, during his stay in Copenhagen.
He studied International Business at Maastricht University, with a semester abroad in Santiago de Chile, and completed his studies in Strategy, Organisation and Leadership at the Copenhagen Business School.
We are a growing consultancy located in the heart of Berlin. We work for clients in the mobility and transportation sector, for tech companies and startups as well as for associations and institutions. If you’re driven by ideas and focused on results, evenson is the place to be.